Sunday, January 31, 2010

ON GROWING OLD

When the signs of age begin to mark my, body (and still more

when they touch my mind); when the ill that is to diminish me

or carry me off strikes from without or, is born within me; when

the painful moment comes in which I suddenly awaken to the

fact that I am ill or growing old; and above all at that last moment

when I feel I am losing hold of myself and am absolutely passive

within the hands of the great unknown forces that have formed

me; in all those dark moments, 0 God, grant that I may understand

that it is you (provided only my faith is strong enough) who

are painfully parting the fibers of my being in order to penetrate

to the very marrow of my substance and bear me away within

youself. Amen




Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

yourself. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment