Saturday, February 6, 2010

I owned a little boat a while ago

James A. Richards (1878 -?)


I owned a little boat a while ago

And sailed a Morning Sea without a fear,

And whither any breeze might fairly blow

I'd steer the little craft afar or near.

Mine was the boat, and mine the air, and mine the Sea,

not mine, a care...

One day there passed along the silent shore,

While I my net was casting in the Sea,

A man, who spoke as never man before;

I followed Him,-new life begun in me.

Mine was the boat, but His the voice, and His the call,

yet mine, the choice...

Once from His boat He taught the curious throng,

Then bade me let down nets out in the Sea;

l murmured, but obeyed, nor was it long

Before the catch amazed and humbled me.

His was the boat, and His the skill, and His the catch

and His, my will.

No comments:

Post a Comment